There’s not much in life these days which is guaranteed to save you money – but the $21 Challenge is!
The $21 Challenge will change the way you think about food.
- Save hundreds on this week’s food bill
- Learn new skills
- Take the challenge – have fun and save money!
To find out more, read below:
What exactly IS the $21 Challenge?
In a nutshell, it is a one-week grocery slashing marathon where you can save a big pile of money, declutter your pantry and learn new skills all at the same time!
How does it work?
Simple! For one week you try as hard as you possibly can to stay out of the shops. Instead of going out and doing your usual supermarket shop you have to stretch the food you already have in your cupboard, pantry, garden and freezer to stay within your $21 budget.
Would you like an extra $300 in your bank account this week?
The average family of four currently spends $320 a week on food. But what if you could get your food bill down to just $21 this week? With our help, this is exactly what you can achieve.The $21 Challenge is the secret to making some major financial headway in just seven days. If you are serious about saving money, this is the way to do it.
$320 a week? Rubbish! There's no way I spend that much on food!
A common response, but we're not just talking about your weekly supermarket shop. Most of us don't take into account all those little extra food purchases such as grabbing bread and milk when you fill up your car at the service station. Or buying your work lunch from the cafe or bakery every day, or the takeaway coffees, fizzy drinks and chocolate bars we buy when we're out and about and get an attack of the munchies. When you think about it that way and add it all up, we spend a lot more on food than we think we do!
The $21 Challenge will change the way you think about food.
The aim is to get your food bill as low as humanly possible for one week. To make it through you will have to learn new cooking and living skills which will help you save money long after your one week challenge has ended.
But, is doing the $21 Challenge really possible?
Yes, it can be done! But, it is not easy. Nothing worthwhile ever is. You will need some help, a steel resolve and a really good book. ;-) And, it is a really good book. I should know we spent a full year working on it. Writing, rewriting and testing until everyone who read it, loved it!
It sounds like hard work - why should I bother?
The time and effort you put in is small compared to the savings you'll make! Before dismissing the $21 Challenge as too hard, let's look at some of the things you will get out of it:
- You get guaranteed savings. Doing the Challenge WILL save you money. Even if you don't get your bill down to $21 and you only make it to $100. That is a saving of $220 in one week. That is pretty fantastic! And, if you do that once a month. Over a year that would add up to $2640 extra in your bank account!
- You get to learn new skills. Doing the Challenge will turn you into a culinary genius. It's amazing what delicious family meals can be made out of a stray tin of tuna, half a tin of baked beans or the peanut butter at the bottom of the jar. You will soon be an expert at thinking outside the square and your family will love testing out all the new meals!
- You get to declutter! Doing the Challenge is a great way to determine exactly what you have and what you need in your fridge, freezer and pantry. It's also a great way to expose any unnecessary purchases and ensure you don't go buying them again out of habit or through clever advertising. For example, on taking part in the first ever $21 Challenge one member was amazed to discover she had no less than 11 tins of corn lurking in her pantry!
- You can help the planet. Not only can the $21 Challenge save your family precious dollars, it can also help save the planet! Instead of carelessly throwing out pots of leftover this and that, or leaving vegetables to wilt forlornly in the back of the fridge, with the $21 Challenge you WILL find a way to use them – and enjoy them too!
- You get a sense of achievement. The $21 Challenge gives you confidence in the knowledge that you CAN survive when times get really tough. Involve the family, tell them what you're doing and don't be swayed. Take pride in serving up delicious frugal meals. Work out ways together to help you stay within the magic $21 figure for the week – you'll be surprised how quickly the kids will rise to the challenge! Part of the huge appeal of the $21 Challenge is that it's supposed to be fun and there's no better feeling than getting to the end of a Challenge week with your budget intact!
Here's your chance to say 'STICK IT' to the supermarket!
Yes, you read right! When you do a $21 Challenge, you are effectively saying to the shops, 'you are not getting any more of my money! I rule my kitchen and we are going to eat healthy this week using foods I have cooked from scratch from products I already have in MY kitchen. I am clever and I can do it!'
So many people let advertisers pull their family apart - but not when you are doing a $21 Challenge. Let's see how much of your family's money you can keep. Sit down with the family, talk to them about the Challenge and ask them if they would like to participate. Explain how much money you usually spend on groceries each week, let them work out how much money you would save by doing a Challenge and then ask them how they would like to spend that money if they help you to succeed. This will get the whole team onside and make the Challenge a really enjoyable way to save.
The $21 Challenge is about so much more than money. It is about clawing back control and declaring to retailers, 'I'm giving you as little of my money and my life as possible! From this moment on I'm wrestling back control of my kitchen'. This sense of direction gives you dignity, it gives you power, it gives you control. The Challenge is about declaring to the world you are powerful. I'm a successful person, I am master of my household, I can live on $21 this week!
Who should do a $21 Challenge?
Everybody! You only have to read the first two chapters of the book to see that the $21 Challenge is relevant to EVERYONE, no matter their income, status or situation. To help you see why, these two chapters are available free online for you to read. They will tell you all about it and why it is so brilliant.
The first chapter explains the story behind the Challenge and its mystical $21 figure. It also tells you exactly what the Challenge is, how you are going to accomplish it and answers some frequently asked questions, as well as helpful tips for newbies.
The second chapter gets your brain ticking! What do you want to get out of your $21 Challenge? In this chapter, members share their experiences and the many benefits they found during their Challenges to inspire and motivate you.
It's a game everybody wins!
Let's face it - you have to cook every day. While you can't change this, you CAN change the way you feel about cooking. Instead of being the usual daily chore, the Challenge turns cooking into a game. It becomes a fun competition where you are the winner; rather than a ball and chain around your neck.
Most of all, the $21 Challenge book gives you the tools to become a legend in your own kitchen. Once your family experiences the awesome job you do of feeding them and have applauded your culinary skills, why would you ever want to go back to throwing money away on takeaway or cooking out of a packet?
Thousands have already done it – you can too!
“This book was a complete revelation to our family! We always considered ourselves good with budgeting, but the authors have opened our eyes to so many new and different ways to keep our costs low. We love the fact that it is NOT a 'live every week on $21' system but rather a lifeline you can implement when unexpected bills and financial pressures all come flooding through your door at the same time. The Challenge is a genuine back to basics approach to feeding your family. Sensible, achievable and tasty! The book reminds us that everyday family meals do not have to be concocted in a Master Chef kitchen with expensive, gourmet ingredients. Instant gratification and full bellies can easily be achieved with budget-friendly, home-made and nutritious meals. Well done ladies and thank you for keeping it real!” Savvy Saver
“I purchased this book out of curiosity, thinking no way on earth could I survive on just $21 for a week and feed a family... was I wrong! This amazing book is filled with so many plain, commonsense ideas and helpful hints for turning all those odds and ends in the back of the pantry into a vast range of inexpensive, easy to prepare, and what is even better, delicious family meals. Got a can of something that seemed like a good buy at the time, but don't quite know what to do with it? Check out the pages of this wonder-book, and you will find inspiration. Save $300 in a week? Saved more than that, and also, because I managed to use up lots of pushed to the back packets, cans, and items lying dormant in my freezer, I also saved on the expense of having to buy a new, larger pantry I had mistakenly imagined was a necessity if I was to have a functional kitchen with space to store everything – how much would that have cost?
"I am never short of a new recipe to try out, and have never had a complaint about any of the meals I've cooked from the pages of this gem of a book, only compliments. Can't recommend this book highly enough!” Chrissy
“I got my first copy of The $21 Challenge and lent it to a friend, who ended up keeping it. So I bought another copy, but before I could even open the cover my sister-in-law nabbed it. I’ve just purchased my third! Eventually I will keep a copy for myself!” Gaylene Pluck
“The $21 Challenge book is my second bible (after the actual Bible)!” Casey Hopkins
People love this book because it motivates and inspires them to improve themselves.
It shows them how they can be smarter, empowered shoppers instead of supermarket suckers. And, it saves them money for the rest of their lives. So what are you waiting for?
If you want to be wealthier, happier and in control, then this is the book for you. It will change your life!
“It sounds strange to say a book could be life changing – but this one is!” Leanne Munro
If you would like to buy one of these books now, that is great. Because, they are back in stock. The new reprint is ready and it looks great. To order one click the add to basket button below.