Hint of the Week Competition
We are now giving away one 12 month membership per week to the person who donates the best tip to the Savings Vault. Everyone can enter. If you are already a member you win an extra 12 months added on to your existing membership.
This week Troy S has won 12 months membership to the Savings Vault with this great hint:
Eight things you can use instead of plastic wrap
Why waste your money on plastic wrap when there are many other ways to keep your food fresh! I have stopped using plastic wrap and started doing these things instead:
1. Invert a small plate upside down on a bowl to cover and seal.
2. Use Tupperware or Pyrex.
3. Recycle plastic containers with lids (butter, margarine, yoghurt, cream, ice cream and so on).
4. Recycle glass jars such as Vegemite and coffee jars for sealed see-through storage.
5. Shower caps make great food covers, just wash and re-use.
6. Place plate in plastic bag to seal - wash and re-use.
7. Put fruit such as watermelon, rockmelon and avocados sliced-side down on a plate.
8. Invert a shallow tray over a baking tray or rectangular dish to store in the fridge.
The best way to win a membership is to write helpful, interesting, unique and error free hints. You need to include how much money you saved, how you saved it, what you did and how much you paid. The more detail you provide the more likely you are to win a 12 month membership.
You do not have to answer all the questions to enter the competition. Each hint entered is judged separately. If you send 5 hints. They will be considered 5 separate entries. Which means you have a much higher chance of winning by entering one or two top quality hints than if you entered twenty brief, vague tips. Quality is everything!
If you do not have an answer to a question, or it does not apply to you, please leave it blank.
Thanks for giving it a go. Good luck!